Saturday 15 September 2007

Class day

After a summer break it was back to class today at the Bramble Patch. It was good to catch up with everyone.

We are holding an exhibition at the Bramble Patch in March/April 2008 and we are working on our wall hangings. Its a bit of a challenge as the dimensions for the piece are 18 x 52 inches. I am working on a drystone wall with ivy and moss growing over it and some form of 3d work. Well that's the aim. There is not a lot to show at the moment and I promise there will be some photos soon!

I am doing lots of things with painted bondaweb at the moment, I have a bit of obsession with anything I can heat or burn. I am sure I will grow out of it one day.

I also discovered some new inspiration today (thanks Leanne). I have been introduced to the world of Annemieke Mein. Her work is amazing. Her book has already left me speechless (some task). She has this amazing way of bringing wildlife and textiles to life. Having carried out a search on the internet it doesn't look like Annemieke is very active now, which is a shame as I would love to see some of her work in real life. If you hear of any in the UK let me know!!

No comments: